holding time

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
Dorothea Lange (1895-1965)

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday, October 12, 2010: PB Pier

I chose to post this shot because I really liked my use of shallow depth of focus. I love the effect it gives to the background and how it adds to the intensity of the foreground.
An adorable pair...
I am really proud of how I now know my camera well enough to correctly expose the reflection on the water. To do this with an SLR you would likely use a filter. I have a DSLR so I just have to adjust the setting for beach/snow shots.
Again good exposure despite dark silhouettes and the intense light of the setting sun.
I like how I was able to catch the motion of the waves and frame in the shot with the pier. This photo was NOT cropped. Just good composition ;D
Same technique used here as in the water shots. Sand reflects a lot of light, so correct exposure is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment