holding time

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
Dorothea Lange (1895-1965)

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wednesday, August 4, 2010: Celebrating Civil Union in CA

Given the overturning of Prop 8... Meghan and I decided to go to Hillcrest to share in the merriment. We ended up at a drag show at Moe's. I had a blast.

As far as photography goes.... I broke my manual mode/focus rule for the first time since I began this project. The lighting in the club was so low/dim that I decided to go back in to auto mode/focus and I must say the results were fabulous... (as were the entertainers!) Although I was using auto mode/focus, I must admit I showed extreme mastery of my camera functions/use of the little light I had/drama/composition etc. I could never have pulled off such shots with such dim lighting a month ago, so I am proud of myself even out of manual mode/focus. Here are the results!
"singing I didn't know I was looking for love until I found you..." So dramatic... so good! 80s-metallic-HOT! Put on such a great show everytime she hit the stage! I have great video of her belting out this song too!
Random guy... I kinda think he was looking for an audition :x, but here he is dancing it up at intermission. CHER! Singing TLC's Red Light Special! Super-HOT go-go dancer! I need that Mod Squad dress in my life ASAP!

All in all... I am very proud of the portraits I was able to get in such low lighting and proud to be part of Hillcrest's civil rights celebration. Another good day to be a photographer!

No comments:

Post a Comment