holding time

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
Dorothea Lange (1895-1965)

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday, August 8, 2010: Fun with Macro

Here are my first experiments with macro photography. Macro photography just means "close up" photography. When planning this project I immediately thought of all the monitos in Old Town... So there I went and this is what I found.

I find macro photography to be more compelling when there are bright colors involved. For example, this tin tub of toys... Or this basket full of Guatemalan "Worry Dolls" I found these colorful marbles in a cigar shop...

Macro photography is known for its shallow depth of field, meaning the range of focus is very limited to what's right in front of the camera and everything else becomes blurred background. That is particularly visible in this photo of baby succulents in hand painted, mini pots and a little less so in this photo

1 comment:

  1. looks great! great name for the blog! i was trying to come up with something witty and never could think of anything worthy of your wit.

    ReplyDelete