holding time

“Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.”
Dorothea Lange (1895-1965)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday, September 9, 2010: Texas

My apologies for the long vacation I have taken from Fotojornalismo.... It's been a crazy past few weeks... But I am back at it and that's what matters...

These photos are from my trip home for the Labor Day weekend. I chose to use landscapes to work on my composition. None of these photos have been cropped or anything.
River in San Marcos... I like the way the reflection on the water came out. I used the silhouette of the trees to frame the photo.
Also at the river.
Fungus among us... Mushroom is placed in the upper, left 2/3 position... Rule of 1/3s
Dusty dirt road... vanishing point and rule of 1/3s used here too...
Solitude... almost breaking the rules here with the objects almost in the center of the photo... But I liked the composition none the less...
Framing again ... A pond on a farm...
I think this is my fave... and it's safe to say I have the rule of 1/3s down... time to move on... Lot's of work to do.

1 comment:

  1. <3 the last pic of the tree!!! it's so exciting to see you watch with this project! :)

    ReplyDelete